Individuals in Europe
If you are in the European Union (including the European Economic Area (EEA)), the collection and processing of your personal information will be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (GDPR) from 25 May 2018. In providing services to our customers, we collect and process personal information on behalf of our customers as a data processor about applicants and candidates for employment with them and about their employees. This collection and processing is necessary for ours and our customers' legitimate interests. Otherwise, including for individual users of our website services, Perception will be a data controller for the purposes of the GDPR and this policy includes information that must be provided to you when we collect your personal information.
Personal Information Collected and How it is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
1. We collect personal information from:
- our customers; and
- other users of our website and services at several different points, including on or through the use of our website, online surveys, assessment forms, system registration and data analysis.
2. This information is collected to provide contracted services to our customers which comprise for the purposes of managing applications for employment, assessing a candidate's suitability for particular employment opportunities, advising prospective employees' data analysis, and monitoring and assessing successful candidates, employees and personnel of our customers.
3. The personal information collected may consist of an individual's:
- name, mobile phone number, email address, household address, year of birth, country of birth, citizenship and visa information, languages background, gender, personal photographs, identification and references;
- employment related information such as employment status, employment and education history, job performance data, personal traits, personal skills, and employment disciplinary history; and
- other information relevant to an employment opportunity, including organizational memberships, hobbies and interests, goals, participation in social networking, prior applications, driving licence information and driving history. This information may also include, with your consent, sensitive information relating to socio-demographic information and personal opinions and beliefs.
4. Perception stores personal information securely on servers in respect of which access is controlled, monitored and audited by Perception employees and contractors.
5. We will keep personal information for as long as we maintain our customer relationship or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws, including to enforce our rights, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes, including to record any stated objection you may have to receiving direct marketing for the purpose of ensuring that we continue to respect your wishes and do not contact you further.
6. Perception discloses personal information to its customers.
7. Perception may also disclose personal information on a confidential need-to-know basis to its service providers, as part of a merger, acquisition or asset sale, or as otherwise permitted under applicable privacy laws. Any third parties to whom we disclose or permit access to your personal information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that they protect personal information and keep it confidential, consistent with relevant privacy and data protection laws.
8. In the event that Perception or a part of the business undergoes re-organization or is sold or licensed to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity, licensee or third party.
9. The customers to whom Perception may disclose personal information may be located in various countries, including but not limited to the European Union and the EEA.
Communication from Perception - Direct Marketing
11. From time-to-time, Perception may with your consent where required by applicable law, use personal information it has collected to send promotional and informational communications. You will have the option of indicating your desire to receive or not receive this type of communication at the time you provide your information to Perception. Your consent to receiving these communications can be withdrawn at any time without detriment by unsubscribing.
Security, Storage and Cookies
12. We use a variety of security measures to keep personal information secure and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from misuse, loss or unauthorized use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Access and/or Correct Personal Information
15. You also have the right to request correction of your personal information and/or in most instances you will be able to correct it yourself through your personal account login.
16. If you are in the European Union -
- You also have in certain circumstances the right to request that the personal information that is collected from you is erased, its further processing is restricted or to object to its further processing and the right to data portability. You can also ask that personal information provided by you to us is transmitted to another party. You may also withdraw your consent where it has been provided as a condition of our processing your information or object to the further processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- If we refuse any request you make in relation to these rights, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
- To make a request in respect of these rights or to make a complaint, contact the Privacy Officer.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant data protection supervisory authority.
17. If your personal information changes, you may also either correct that information yourself through your personal account login or send an email message to the Privacy Officer; email@example.com
and put the word “UPDATE” in the subject line of the message.
18. We will deal with your request to access and/or correct your personal information as soon as is practicable after we receive it (usually within 30 days). While we will not charge you for making a request to access your personal information, we may require you to pay our reasonable costs of providing you with that information. We will not charge you for making a request to correct your personal information or for our costs of correcting your personal information.
Privacy Queries and Complaints
19. If you would like to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or you have a query or concern about our handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer.
20. We will need to verify you and may ask you to put your complaint in writing. We will investigate and respond to your complaint as soon as is practicable after we receive it (usually within 30 days).
21. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information
External Links to Other Websites
Privacy Officer Contact Details
The Perception Group International Pty Limited (ABN 14 609 302 089)
Address: 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
For individuals in Europe
For the purposes of the GDPR, Perception with the address as above is a data controller for our website and services provided through our website.
This policy was last updated: June 2020